Welcome to KGIC's Business English program. Business English brings students into a modern business environment where technology plays an important role in the day-to-day operations. Students will learn how to read, write, understand and discuss various business-related topics using newspaper articles, textbooks, podcasts and websites.
KGIC’s Business English program now includes aspects of the Cambridge Business English Vantage exam. BEC is internationally recognized and is a qualification that provides practical, everyday English skills necessary for success in an English-speaking working environment and in international business.
|Locations||Victoria, Vancouver & Toronto|
|Duration||4, or 8 weeks|
Mon. to Thurs.: 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
|Program Type||4-week certificate; 8-week diploma|
- Develop the English vocabulary needed to describe basic business concepts and procedures
- Become a more effective communicator within a professional environment
- Learn to negotiate and conduct meetings in an English-speaking environment
- Develop the skills needed to communicate in a clear and assertive way
- Learn aspects of the Cambridge Business English Certificate - Vantage (BEC) exam
- Work on team projects, collaborate and participate in group discussions
- Building a Career & Writing Goals
- Using Technology to Communicate (Speaking & Writing in The Age of Technology)
- Culture & Manners in Corporate Communication
- Language for: Business Travel, OR Marketing, OR Finance
- The Creative Language of Advertising,
- Entrepreneurship: Communication for Self-Employment
- English for International Markets/Free Trade
- Understanding Fair Trade/Business Ethics
Students must have either:
TOEFL iTB® 45-46
KGIC Completed level 3
Or, any recognized international English language equivalency test score or a pass on our entrance exam. Interview required.