Do you want to improve your communication skills, your presentation skills and your confidence? Look no further than KGIC's Powerspeaking and Modern Media program! In this program, you will also learn how the media impacts our thinking and perception of the world, but most importantly, you will learn how to use the media as a source of authentic language to improve your spoken communication skills.
|Locations||Victoria, Vancouver, and Toronto|
|Duration||4 or 8 weeks|
Mon. to Thurs.: 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
|Class Size||~15 students|
|Program Type||4-week certificate; 8-week diploma|
- Develop necessary communicative English skills
- Become a better listener through exposure to a variety of media
- Gain self-conﬁdence through weekly oral presentations
- Receive individual ﬂuency and accuracy progress reports
- Meet individually with your teachers to discuss improvement
- Gain valuable experience doing a mock panel job interview
- Write various types of articles for diﬀerent media
- Go on ﬁeld trips or meet guest speakers related to media and power speaking
- Power speaking and Introduction to Media
- Popular Culture
- News and Journalism
- Movies and Story Telling
Students must have either:
TOEFL iBT® 45/46
KGIC completed level 3
or have achieved an acceptable score on any recognized international English language equivalency test or a pass on our entrance exam.
No interview required.